Top Teaching Challenges
2008/2010 UW-Madison Top 5 Teaching Challenges*
- Making lectures more interactive and engaging
- Providing practice or reinforcement for students
- Demonstrating complex concepts
- Focusing students on real world tasks
- Giving prompt feedback
* As identified by faculty and instructional staff in the 2008 Academic Technology Survey
2007 UW-Madison Top 5 Teaching Challenges*
- Deliver lecture materials online
- Use alternatives to traditional assessment and testing
- Develop engaging hybrid courses
- Offer broader access to course materials (The Wisconsin Idea)
- Facilitate collaboration and group projects
* As identified by faculty and staff in 2007
2009 Educause Top 5 Teaching and Learning Challenges
- Creating learning environments that promote active learning, critical thinking, collaborative learning, and knowledge creation.
- Developing 21st century literacies (information, digital, and visual) among students and faculty.
- Reaching and engaging today’s learner.
- Encouraging faculty adoption and innovation in teaching and learning with IT.
- Advancing innovation in teaching and learning with technology in an era of budget cuts.